Monday, February 02, 2009

the Brave and the Bold #21 - DC


As much as I love both the Green Arrow and Green Lantern . . especially these 2 together . . you know . . as opposed to . . well . . there's several variations on each character . . as much as I like these 2 characters I think what really sold this book for me was David Hine's brilliant writing. And Doug Braithwaite's incredible art. Hal and Ollie aren't even really together in this book. Hal is off-world with the Phantom Stranger, and Ollie is dealing with crap back home. Of course their individual experiences are intertwined . . even across the vast space that separates them. Of course this character . . the Purge . . with his twisted sense, or plan for cleansing the universe . . would also leave it life-less . . in order to purify every sentients potential to sin . . the Purge is the antagonist of the story. But it's hard to capture something that can travel from body to body. His essence is like that of the wind . . or thought. Anyways at the end of the story, after the Stranger expels it from this alien, Orlan . . I think the Purge has taken up residence in Hal. Which is where I think Ollie fits in because the Purge's next destination looks to be Earth. I love the detail and intricacy that David puts into his stories. He's seems to be very detailed oriented and by the end of a story he gives you a lot of information. I hope he stays on this book for quite a while.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%--David Hine is writing a great book here & Doug Braithwaite's art is a perfect fit for the other-worldliness of this story.

    Sadly, I think Hine is off the book after this story arc :-( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete