Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gen13 #27 - WildStorm


I actually enjoyed this issue more than I have recent ones. I'm still not thrilled with Mike Huddleston's art, but . . you get what you get. Right? Anyways, the kids come upon a make-shift skate park. Actually, a post-apocalyptic skate-park, this a Lollapallooza theme called SK8-GRA-LA. You know, a play off of Shangri La. In a license plate kind of form. Anyways, Megan and Dr. Cross are still following our gang, but we find out that there's also a Gen 14 member there, Holly Denton. She's a molecular disassembler. I'm not sure why she's there, or how they'll meet, but she definitely seems to know our gang. Anyways, they're here because Eddie heard about their half-pipe . . the Meat-grinder. What he doesn't know is that they mean that literally. This whole thing is set up like a 'Woodstock' kind of thing, and they serve soup daily. Apparently, it's made from the people that try to skate the Meat-grinder . . but fail. Anyways, I just found the whole issue rather humorous and whimsical. Like I said, I enjoyed it a lot more than I have recent ones. I'm not sure what Scott Beatty did different this time, but . . it works. Anyways, welcome to the Teenage Wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment