Sunday, March 15, 2009

Superman / Batman #55 & #56 - DC


I thought this was a pretty decent story. It turns out that it wasn't actually Silver Banshee that switched the powers of Superman and Batman. It was the Cawdor Amulet. You know, the one that Silver Banshee was trying to steal when all of this happened. Well anyways, it appears that is has 2 spells on it. One is to grant the wearer their deepest desire. But the other? The other is a leeching spell. It takes something away from the recipient. A form of payment if you will. So when the dynamic duo switched powers, actually . . it was their desires that came to fruition. Deep down Bruce wants to save the world. And deep down he feels that if he had Clark's powers he would be able to do so. Clark on the other hand . . . all Clark wants it to be a normal human being with all of their wants and desires . . family, children, etc.. So they both got what they wanted. Unfortunately, with Bruce it took away his rationality. He became overcome with his desire and his quest. And anybody who tried to stop him? Well, that wasn't acceptable. Clark on the other hand, Clark was given humanity only to be shot, and for it all to be taken away. He was supposed to die. Luckily . . he's got quite a few friends that don't want to let that happen. And, they can do something about it. Anyways, long story short, Clark, with Zatanna's help, gets Bruce into Crime Alley where they know they can distract him for a little bit. Once they do that, it's only a matter of getting them both together in close proximity of the amulet. Of course Zatanna did her part also. I think that Michael Green and Mike Johnson are doing a great job on this series. I really like the stories that they're developing. This particular arc is drawn by Rags Morales. Personally . . I think he's fantastic. The guy definitely doesn't get enough credit. The whole book looks great, but there were some panels that really looked awesome. I really hope this book survives all of the Batman turmoil. I know whomever takes over could jump into these stories, but . . . this book should really be called Clark Kent / Bruce Wayne, because really . . it's about those 2 specific characters. So, I really hope this book survives, but . . I guess I'd understand if it didn't. But I'd really hate it. I guess that's my vote. If it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment