Sunday, March 29, 2009

Young X-Men #12 - Marvel

As I was reading this book . . actually as I was finishing it, something dawned on me. We have a new New Mutants book coming out this month. Well . . in a few weeks. So this . . this is the final issue of this series. I knew that the new book was coming out soon, but it just now dawned on me what that meant for this title. That's sad. And they just brought Dust back from the dead. At the end of last issue, Sooyara decided that she couldn't betray her fellow team-mates. So, when Donald Pierce attacks them on their way out, she fights him and ends up using the last amounts of her energy in the process. This issue . . this issue starts out with Rockslide going off. I had read issue #11 a couple of weeks ago, and I saw Dust die. So I've been wondering, as I've been reading other X-Men titles, why she keeps showing up. Well . . it turns out that ink saves her. He tries with his medical tattoo, but can't. Later, when no ones looking, he tries again using his Phoenix tat. That seems to do the trick. However, it puts him in a kind-of coma state. We also learn what Ink did in the future part of the story. In that scenario, Anole, Graymalkin, Ink and Diamondheart are fighting Sooyara. It seems that whatever Ink did to her, caused her to gradually lose her sanity. So . . I guess we've got that to look forward to. Yippee! Overall I thought his was a great issue. I love these characters. I also love what Marc Guggenheim has been doing with them the last few issues. Hopefully, now they'll be used more in the regular X-Man titles. I've also been very happy with Rafa Sandoval and Daniel Acuna's artwork on this series. But I'm sad now that I realize this is the last issue. I really liked this one. I'm sure I'll like the New Mutants, but . . it's just not going to be the same. I guess I'll just have to wait to see where these characters go from here. Especially Cipher. We just got introduced to her for Pete's sake. I'll be holding my breath. Somebody let me know when I can come up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment