Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Young X-Men #11 - Marvel


I really like this title. I think Marc Guggenheim is doing a pretty decent job with the stories. However, I think, what really draws me to this book is the characters. I love this group of kids. I also think it's cool the Dani and Sunspot are involved with this cast also. Although we don't see much of Sunspot. I really feel bad for what's happening to Dust. Although I'm beginning to wonder if this wasn't all actually instigated by Donald Pierce. He enlists Dust's help to get him out of the cell that the X-Men are holding him in. But she won't betray her friends and ends up turning on him rather than fight her own family. But, in the end, it appears that she dies. Hmmm. All of that for nothing. Now I can't wait for next issue. However, besides all of that, we get a story from the future . . 'End of Days' actually. There's an island . . the nation of Xaviera . . that was created as a place for the last of the remaining mutants to live. However, as the population diminished, it was invaded and taken over. We come in at a time when there's only 4 mutants left . . . Wolverine, Graymalkin, Anole and Diamondheart (Emma). There's actually another surviving member, but he's not a mutant, so I think it's Ink. I'm not sure what the point of all of this is, unless . . . it's the same future that we see over in Cable. I guess this could all be part of the Mutant Messiah War. But there is also someone powerful there. Powerful and mysterious . . we don't learn her identity. In the end she takes out Wolverine. Although, we've seen him flayed to the bones before so . . who knows? Rafa Sandoval does the art for the present day scenes. I think his stuff is getting better. And then Daniel Acuna does the future stuff. His work is awesome. The cover by Pasqual Ferry is incredible. One of the best covers I've seen in a while. Like I said, I really like this book and I enjoy reading it every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment