Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vigilante #4 - DC


I like this series, and this character, but the only thing this issue served is informing us that our suspicions were true . . Joey was indeed inhabiting Vic's conscious. Well, that isn't true. We also learned a little bit more about our anti-hero here. His name is Dorian, and he's doing this for some crimes that he's committed but feels that he wasn't punished for. Apparently, Joey/Vic have been doing some digging. "You could've gone back to Europe and started over again. I've heard the first-hand accounts of what you did when you thought nobody knew you were there. I know about the bodies, left behind. 'Least some of them. " So we're gradually figuring out who this guy is. The Cyborg thing though? I kinda had my suspicions even before the big 'reveal'. Yeah we had some suspicions from Titans #11, but what really did it for me was the was the way Vic was acting in the beginning of this issue. He was just being very arrogant and sarcastic. Much more than Vic normally is. But everything comes out when he chases the Vigilante down. I think it's kind of funny how Vic is so desperate to try to remove his mask. "I need your eyes. They're the way into your soul. SHOW ME YOUR EYES! You can't hide them forever." In the end the FBI show up and break up the fight by chasing Cyborg off. Well, it might be that, and it might be the sword that Vigilante put in his face. Next we move into the cross-over with the Teen Titans. I like what Marv Wolfman's doing here. This particular issue just didn't thrill me a whole lot. I do however like Rick Leonardi's pencils. He's been doing this a long time and he brings a great feel to this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment