Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ex Machina Special #4 - WildStorm


This book has always held a special spot for me. It's very cerebral. Brian K Vaughan has held his course throughout this entire series. He's never waivered from the vision he had of it in the beginning. This issue, in a round-about way, he sends out an eco-friendly message to, well . . . all of the people reading comics. Basically he tells us that comics need to use recycled paper also. Especially, comics . . since most of them end up bagged and boarded and will never be recycled themselves. So it seems kind of an extravagant waste to use virgin paper to print them. I know. You don't read comics for the political message, but . . he's got a point. Anyways, John Paul Leon steps in this issue for the art. It looks nice. His style fits in nicely with this series. Anyways it was another good book in this series. I've heard rumors out there that this book may be ending soon. I know Brian and Tony Harris have already moved on to creating other projects, but I was hoping that this one was just near and dear to them. I don't know. I don't have anything to substantiate the rumor. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, just enjoy the book and the message that it sends across. It really is a great piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment