Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gen13 #28 - WildStorm


Anymore, this issue is just starting to annoy me. I don't know why. It's just not where I expected it to be. Sometimes that's a good thing . . a different direction isn't always bad. But here . . I don't know . . it's not terrible. I just feel like someone is scraping their nails against a chalk-board or something. Does anyone even get that reference anymore? The kids are in a skate-park, as they work their way across America. Burnout is blind . . kind of. Caitlin is trying to figure out what this girl wants, she calls herself Breakdown and say she's a Gen14. Grunge is the master of the half-pipe, but when the person he beat is put in the soup . . literally . . he has a streak of consciousness and tries to talk these kids into doing the right thing . . instead of skating and partying all of the time. Freefall's been attacked by Megan and Doctor Cross. They've regenerated bodies and they're probably at about a 4 year old level now. They're following the kids across the country also. Finally, Sarah seems to be on some kind of spirit-walk. I'm not sure what that's all about, or what it has to do with anything, but . . I'm sure we'll find out more next issue. Scott Beatty is writing this book. I really enjoy a lot of Scott's work. This one though . . seems to be all over the place. And I'm definitely now a fan of Mike Huddleston's art. It just doesn't do it for me. If this is the direction that the book is going to continue on, I think they need to just give it a rest. Put a fork in it. It's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment