Sunday, March 29, 2009

Titans #11 - DC


The main point of this issue, I think, is for us . . and all of the team, really . . to ask ourselves, just where is it that Jericho's hiding? After reading this issue, it could be any one of them. This is a reflective issue . . we see little glimpses and pieces of each of the members private lives. But it also shows us that with recent events, none of them are acting characteristically. They all seem to be off . . just a little bit. Barely perceptible, really. But . . it's there. Maybe it's just the trust issue coming to a head, or . . maybe it's Jericho. Vic seems especially sunk into his work. That could be normal, or . . Jericho could be messing with the compounds security systems. Kory tries to talk to him . . tries to get him to lighten up, enjoy life. Does she really care, or is it Jericho's influence trying to get him away from the system's computers? Roy seems to be on a one man mission to sleep with as many women as possible. Is this just his next obsession of choice, or is he being influenced? And Garth and Raven seem to have this little misunderstanding between them. When they were battling Jericho, Raven kissed him. Now he thinks he's in love. Or at least he wants to try. But Raven keeps 'blocking' him. I can't pinpoint it, but there's just something weird about that whole situation. I don't know if it's a clue or not, but at the end of the issue we see a little glimmer in Raven's and Vic's eyes. But that seems a little to obvious to me. If I had to pick one, I'd say it's Raven. But not because of the issue. I'm thinking that with everything that Raven has been through . . magically, and mentally . . I'm thinking that she may be the only one capable of helping Joey. I think she's the only one he wouldn't be able to completely overwhelm. But that's just my opinion. The one I least suspect? Donna. So you know, that means that's who it is. She has turned down the offer for leadership, and she doesn't seem overly concerned about the group staying together. Of course I could be reading something into nothing. To me, this says a lot about Sean McKeever's scripts. If he can get this much thought and conjecture running through my noggin' after reading this . . he must be doing something right. And again, I'm thrilled that Howard Porter is on this book. I love his stuff. So, no answers this issue. We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this comic I thought it was pretty much revealed on like the last page or so that Jericho was hiding in Cyborg the whole time. I actually dug out this issue after typing the last sentence,and if you check out the last page, we discover that Cyborg was never really looking for Jericho like he claimed, he was spying on the Teen Titans. The very last panel also gives us a close up of Cyborg's robotic eye, and sure enough it has Jericho's trademark green glow to it.

    I kind of thought the thing with Raven was more or less that she really wants to persue a relationship with Gar, but is afraid to, thanks to her freaky heritage, which is why she basically chased him away. Of course, let me temper everything I just said by saying I could be WAY off here, as usual!

    ReplyDelete