Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Batman: the Brave and the Bold #3 - DC


Ok, I appreciate the concept of this line of books . . and I actually do enjoy the TV episodes. But, I think I'm going to have to quite reviewing these books. I want to be positive because of the opportunity for new, younger readers to get turned on to the DC Universe. But . . since they're so corny, and lame . . I'm having a hard time doing that. Remember last issue? I said that it ended with Batman sitting down at the dinner table with Jamie's family, and seeing him sucking on a chicken bone? Well, this issue ends with Batman and Green Arrow sitting down with the President at a Luau . . wearing a lei and everything. I'm sorry . . it was just more than I could bear to witness. So I'm just going to say that I think these titles are a great opportunity for younger readers to see some of these characters that they may not be familiar with. It's a great jumping on point if someone wants to get their kids interested in collecting comics. However, for the more mature readers out there . . . 'Just say no!'

No comments:

Post a Comment