Sunday, March 29, 2009

X-Force #13 - Marvel


Wow! What a powerful book. I can't believe that Bastion, so far, is going pretty much unopposed in whipping up all this anti-mutant hysteria. So far the Leper Queen has taken out to anti-mutant rallies. She's injected mutants with the Legacy virus and then set them loose on the crowd. Basically their powers overload and they go off like a roman candle. Well, her next attack is set to happen at the UN. And her mutant bombs for that little soiree? Hellion and Surge. Now it hasn't happened yet. This issue they've just been injected and taken to the site. Who knows? Maybe Foley will get to them in time and make them better. Or maybe . . just maybe, with the rest of X-Force whipping off into the time-stream to go after Cable . . maybe they'll be able to use that to their advantage and somehow find a way to fix all this before it happens. A guy can hope. Right? Anyways, this time the Leper Queen took 3 mutants. She also took Boom-Boom. Basically the Leper Queen is in hell. She doesn't like what's going on, she probably didn't want to come back in the first place, and Bastion won't let her take her own life to get out of this whole mess. So she wants to try to force X-Force's hand. She wants them to kill her to save Boom-Boom. But, as Wolverine is about to do just that . . Scott activates all their time devices and the Leper Queen is left alive and healthy. What I don't understand is . . if they're jumping forward or backward in time . . why does it really matter what time they leave? Why couldn't they have waited another 10 seconds and taken her out? Anyways, the Leper Queen is mad because she's still alive. "No . . they were . . they were supposed to kill me . . he won't let me kill myself . . Bastion won't let me die. HaHaHa Ha!! Oh, god . . please help me!! They were supposed to kill me . . to save you . . . . 'BLAMM!!!' . . . they failed us both." The issue ends with Tabitha lying on the floor looking like she's been killed. Now I gotta' say, I'm not happy with the events of this issue. All 3 of these kids were great characters. But . . we really don't know for sure that they're dead yet. We've seen events that look like this happen before. There may just be a way out of all of this. Maybe. Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost wrote this book, but . . I'm going to hold off my final judgement until we find out for sure what the results of all of this are. By the end of the next issue or 2, we should know for sure what's happened to these characters. It's a hell of a cliff-hanger. Right? Anyways, Clayton Crain's art is astounding as usual. You know, I may be wrong. We may not find out everything until after this Messiah War. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment