Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nyx: No Way Home #6 - Marvel


I read through this whole book last night . . parts of it twice even, but at the end . . . I was rather confused. This is the last issue of this series, and really it answers no questions. We know that this lady, with the red streak in her hair, has captured the kids. And we know that she has Cameron, so she's the one who set up this whole business right from the beginning. And for some reason, Kiden's dead father has joined this group. I thought Kiden was the only one that could see him, but apparently so can the woman with the red streak. Anyways, the lady is trying to brain-wash them all through drugs and some kind of cerebral power. Anyways, her father switches sides and helps them all escape. Well, so does Tatiana. The lady is immune to Kiden's power but not Tatiana's. Somehow Tatiana comes into contact with her blood and then becomes her. Powers and all. So they end up breaking free. But, by the time they find Cameron, she's so brain-washed that she's scared to death of the kids. So all they can do is free her. But there's not a lot of satisfaction in it. So they get out of the mess, they're in the free world and they ask themselves 'What do we do?'. To which Kiden replies, 'We keep surviving.' That's it. End of story. We don't know what this lady wanted, who she was working for, or why she wanted these kids. I mean, the lady failed, but I would think whomever she's working for would keep trying. Like I said, a whole bunch of questions and no answers. But then . . . then I read the recap in the front of the book. It turns out after Kiden's father died he saw that she had no future. She was going to end up dead. So he searched, and this story . . this engagement . . was the only scenario he could find where her and her friends survived. She, and her friends, had to go through hell. But, on the other side . . . they all came out alive. I guess in the end, that's all he wanted. Honestly, I thought that Marjorie Liu and Kalman Andrasorszky did an ok job with this series, but . . . I liked the first one better. After reading the re-cap, I understand the motivation behind the whole thing. But, without that . . . I'd have been completely lost. Really, I would not have been able to make sense of it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment