Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Batman: Gotham after Midnight #11 - DC


This issue was rather disappointing to me. I thought for sure that we'd have the big 'reveal' this issue, but . . no. Midnight may be April, but . . I really think that it's all just a drug induced hallucination. Last issue Midnight was ready to hit Batman with all of the Rogues that he'd assembled at his side. He gave them all a drug or something to help him control them. But Batman did his homework and he figured out how to counteract the process. The problem was, once they'd been pointed at him . . they already hated him so they'd probably continue with their attack. At least until they realized that they'd been used, and how futile the whole thing really was. So, without his 'gang', Midnight retreats to Old Gotham. Of course Batman follows. The part I didn't understand was when Midnight kept telling Batman that he should know why he had led him here. The place should tell him what this was all about. But, I think, Batman is still reeling from the Midnight tainted fear-gas, so . . he's not quite 100% yet. That's why I think when he sees Midnight as April, it's all just a hallucination. Anyways, the issue ends with Midnight in flames and the Batman in one of those famous bat-traps. You know, with him laying on a slab and a giant pendulum swinging down on him. So now we have to wait until next issue for the 'reveal'. Have I mentioned how much I abhor these 12 issue series? If not . . I do. Not to discredit Steve Niles work, but . . this story has really stretched out longer than it needed to. However, I still love Kelley Jones work. Now . . let's end this one. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment