Sunday, March 29, 2009

the X-Files #5 - WildStorm


This was originally listed as a 5 issue mini. 6 issues with issue #0. Now? Now it's been changed to a 7 issue mini. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure that it deserves the extra issues. But, at one time, this was one of my favorite TV series, so . . out of nostalgia . . I'll keep buying it. It appears that the final 3 issues will involve a story-arc about the 'nasty ones' that live beneath the ground in South Dakota . . the Badlands. It's brought to us by Doug Moench and Brian Denham. Again, I can't fault the art much. Brian has kept the look and feel of the book true to the series. I don't think that it could get much better. The story however? The last story-arc by Marv Wolfman actually got my interest. This one? It's a little to early to tell. It could go either way. I have my suspicions about what's going on, but . . I don't want to say to soon. I hate it when I can figure out a story this quick into it. Either I'm reading way to many books, or . . the stories are just getting to simple. I really hate to say that about Doug because I really like a lot of his work. So I'll hold my judgement until I see what happens next issue. Like I said, for me it's a nostalgia thing. I think it's great to see this title out there again. However, I don't feel that creatively it lived up to the series. At least not my remembrances of it. Which is why I didn't pick up the Chuck or the Fringe mini-series. I was afraid that it would change my view of both of those series, which I love. So, I'll see how this last story-arc goes, and then we'll see if this title deserves another chance. I'm guessing we going to see another mini sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment