Sunday, March 29, 2009

Batman Confidential #27 - DC


Ok, I have a couple of questions here. First of all, this is the first time King-Tut has ever appeared in a Batman comic. He was a character that was created for the TV series. However this King-Tut is nothing like the one from the show. But that's ok. That one was kind of campy . . and fat. Now, the guy that Batman and the Riddler have pegged for this character, Victor Goodman . . . is it just me or does he look an awful lot like Adam West? And the victim in this story, Ms Carson . . is she hot, or what? She's got to be the mastermind behind all of this because she looks to smokin' to be a good girl. I know. That's a chauvinistic way of looking at it, but . . I'm betting this girl is trouble. We'll see next issue. Anyways, I'm enjoying Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir's story here. It's interesting and has just the right amount of humor. It seems like they're trying to approach that campy type of humor . . the stuff from the TV series, but they're staying just out of reach. Which is a good thing. It was funny and interesting in the 60's. Now? Not so much. Also, I've said before how Jose Luis Garcia Lopez is one of my favorite artists. With Kevin Nowlan doing his inks for this story-arc, the finished product looks fantastic. I know the Superman rendition of this title went bye-bye, but I really hope that this one doesn't follow suit. It's nice to see these little 3 issue story-arcs here, from various writers and artists. I'm guessing though . . this whole Batman RIP will determine it's future. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment