Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wonder Woman #29 - DC


I appreciate everything that Wonder Woman is going through. All the twists and turns that are happening in her life right now. But, I really don't think this story is necessarily about her . . or Genocide. The Rise of the Olympian theme that's been present in this book is all about something completely different. What's going on with Genocide, as well as the Cheetah and Dr Psycho is all just a symptom of what's really going on in the realm of the gods . . the Pantheon. It appears that Zeus is not happy with the Amazons and their agent of hope, Wonder Woman. He thinks the world has not been made better by their presence. So first he created the Manazons . . for lack of a better phrase. For all intents and purposes they are male amazons. And now . . . now he's trying to create the Olympian to lead them and guide them. I think Athena's death has something to do with this, and . . when Zeus rips the heart out of Kane Milohai, that is for his creation. "Our history is written in blood. And now my son, my final legacy. He will have the heart of a god!" I think Zeus may be going mad. Or, he's smarter than we all thought. However, after being captured and held prisoner by Darksied . . something he never thought he'd have to endure, I'm going with the madness theorem. By the way, we also see the arrival of Steve Trevor this issue. He's taking control of the DEO from Sgt. Steel. Which is a good thing. If he knew that Dr Psycho was inhabiting Steel's body he'd be even more thrilled. This should put a little crimp in the Cheetah's and the Dr's plans. I thought this was a fantastic issue and I think Gail Simone and Aaron Lopresti are doing a bang-up job. Right now . . this book is fantastic. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment