Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the War that Time Forgot #11 - DC


Ok . . this book was more than a little confusing. I've read it twice and I'm still not sure I understand what these . . well, they aren't aliens, but they do appear to be from the Earth in the distant future, so . . by our standards . . they're aliens. But really, that's irrelevant. I'll try to explain this the best I can. Basically, the Earth in the future looks like something out of Dante's Inferno. So, they believed that if they went back in time to specific wars or battles, and pulled key people out that the outcome of that battle would be changed. I guess they figured if they did this enough that the future would be changed. Now, the people that they took out of their own time-lines, they deposited on this island. I think because they're opposed to harming another life. I guess they thought that they would test them, to see if they would revert to their violent natures. The ones that didn't, and showed growth, I guess, would be allowed to return with them to the future. But why would they want to go to the future with them? Their future sucks. Plus, from what I understand, the more primitive the being the harder it is to transport because of their metabolism. Basically, they have to get their adrenaline pumped up to transport, so they gather all their forces and pretend that they're attacking the camp. However, the 'aliens' are getting slaughtered because the humans are fighting back much more intensely than they anticipated. So now Akisha and Titus have to get the others to stop fighting, killing their captors. In the meantime, the volcano on the island has begun to erupt. Did you get all of that? Me either. And I read it twice. Man this issue seemed like a convoluted mess. There's 1 more issue left, and . . I hope after reading it I can figure out what this is all about. Because, if not . . I just wasted the last 10 months trying to follow this story. I like Bruce Jones' stories normally, so . . I'm really at a loss for what's going on here. Graham Nolan came in at the end of this series to finish the art, but from the looks of this issue . . he came in at the wrong end if he had to illustrate this mess. I guess we'll see what happens next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment