Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ghost Rider #33 - DC


I'm enjoying this book. I'm not exactly sure where all of this stuff is heading, but . . . overall I think it's an entertaining story. I think Jason Aaron is doing a pretty good job, but . . there's a few things I noticed this here. We have a new artist this issue, Tony Moore. I believe he's pretty new to the medium also. But I'm going to save my comments on him until later. The story? The story was almost exclusively about Sara, the Caretaker. We see some of the history of the Ghost Riders, the Spirits of Vengeance, and when we move into the times of Johnny and Danny we see how her Grandfather came into the story and how he tried to help. However, it just seems like Sara is feeling overwhelmed by all of this. She doesn't really know which direction to go, or how to proceed. After all, it seems as if Heaven is defeated. How do you fight that? That's when she's surprised as 2 Ghost Riders show up in front of her. They say they're from the future, her future, and they've come back to give her a message of 'hope'. "We're here to tell you not to give up hope. Zadkiel may have conquered the Golden City, but that don't make him god. The longer he holds the city the more powerful he'll become, but there's still time. You can't give up yet. Keep fighting. You can't let the legacy of the Ghost Rider end here. Find Blaze and Ketch. This is a battle you'll all have to fight together." It appears that her future self sent these guys back. Now to me, that all seemed kind of like something borrowed from the Terminator. Hell, her name's even Sara. It just all seems to coincidental to be an accident. I'm not saying that's bad . . it's just something I noticed. Anyways, back to Tony Moore. There's some panels in this book that look really terrific. I noticed, as with a lot of 'new' artists, the lack of consistency. And really, that's my biggest complaint. But, I also noticed that this guy seems to be heavily influenced by Art Adams. He just kind of has that same style to him. Almost every single panel throughout the book looked as if Art could've done it. But, to be honest, the best looking panels in this issue . . didn't have that same feel to them. You could still see the influence, but it was more or Tony's own style. I'm not trying to be overly picky . . I'm just sayin'. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see where we go from here. I really hope we see Johnny and Danny back in the next issue. This is Ghost Rider after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment