Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dark Avengers #3 - Marvel


I hate to admit it, but . . I'm actually kind of diggin' this book. Yes it's dark, with some dark ironic humor, but . . it's pretty cool actually. Maybe it's not the typical Avengers book, but . . right now it is an Avengers book. So good or bad . . it's what we got. Personally I think it's neat watching the way that Norman is manipulating all of these various characters. The way he plays Bob this issue, getting him to come over to his side of things . . it was priceless. And with the stoic Doctor Doom in his arms, Norman has to convince him to let him into his files. There's only one way to stop all of this from happening but in order to do that he has to manipulate Doom's time platform and go back in time and stop Margana Le Fay before she can jump into the time stream and systematically tear this team apart. Doom's afraid that Norman will betray him, but . . Norman is the one that should be worried. Doom has a vested interest in Le Fay because she's the one that taught him all of this mystical stuff. If he takes her down will he lose that knowledge? So, with all my previous comments about time-travel stories . . we'll see if Brian can handle this one without giving me a head-ache. Brian Bendis is obviously the writer of this book, but I think the real star is Mike Deodato Jr. So far he's turned in some amazing work on these first 3 issues. If this is the norm for this book, then this one will quickly be rising to the top of my pile. I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment