Saturday, March 21, 2009

Justice Society of America #24 - DC


I liked this issue. Of course I think that Geoff Johns has done a terrific job with this story. And I was very impressed by Jerry Ordways artwork. It really looked fantastic. I'm a fan of Jerry's but he's not one of my favorites. However, the way this book was finished, I was really impressed with the overall look. This issue is really kind of an in-between issue. It still perpetuates the Family Ties story-line, but it's main purpose is to fill in all the readers on Billy Batson's story. Well, that and the Rock of Eternity also. This one actually goes back to before the time of Captain Marvel and gives us a little insight into his parents also. And, as it turns out, his father's spirit is still around and trying to help Billy out of this whole mess. We also see that it's not necessarily Black Adam who is the protagonist of this story. It seems that Isis, in her death and resurrection, has come back with a little more spite and malice in her heart. She wants the world to pay for what's been done to her, her family, and her brother, Osiris. We also see that there's some changes going on within the ranks of the Justice Society. They seem to be recruiting even younger members. I'm guessing that there may be another Young Justice . . completely different from the first . . I'll think they'll be putting together a younger division here soon. I'm just guessing, but that's what it looks like to me. Also, some of the older members . . they seem to have some questions running through their heads. Questions about their future and the future of the Society. I think this story is just as much about the Justice Society family as it is about the SHAZAM! family. I think both will be coming out of this different, and changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment