Sunday, March 29, 2009

Green Arrow and Black Canary #18 - DC


Okay, I was a little unsure of Andrew Kreisberg in his first couple of issues, but . . I think he's starting to hit his groove now. I really liked this issue. Ollie is searching for Merlyn. He's tired of the way he keeps swooping in and out of their lives causing problems. So basically, he's hunting. But, someone is also hunting for him. Someone has taken out 4 of his enemies in as many days. But they're all b-listers at best. So Ollie can't even conceive that this same person could have Merlyn. That guys in a league of his own. Also this obsession that seems to be plaguing Ollie is causing problems between him and Dinah. She doesn't really like this dark side of him that seems to be coming out. Anyways, the new Police Chief seems to appreciate Ollie's help, but . . he also has to do his job, he has to ask Ollie if he's involved in this. Just as he's doing so, the woman in question . . the one who carved an arrow into her chest, has pledged her love to Ollie, and has Merlyn captive . . she's in the process of taking out Brick and all of his gang. Luckily, that clears Ollie. Then she forces a 'meet' between Ollie and Merlyn. Basically she's gift-wrapping Merlyn for him. They're to meet at the Museum. She's got him drugged up, looking like he's ready to kill Ollie, but also tied up and unable to move. Like I said . . gift-wrapped. All Ollie has to do is take the killing shot. Which, on the last page of the issue it appears that he does. I'm glad to see that Andrew seems to be getting ahold of this series finally. I was worried there for a bit. But he and Mike Norton seem to have everything under control now. Well, controlled chaos I guess would be the best way of putting it. Still . . it left me looking forward to the next issue.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I agree whole-heartedly with you about this issue. Since Andrew took over the writing duties here, I've got to admit, I was pretty disappointed by his work, but this issue was WAY better. It seems like Andrew is starting to give each character their own distinct "voice". In the first few issues written by Andrew it was like he was just going through the motions, but this issue actually grabbed my attention from the get-go and held it all the way through. I still think Andrew is writing Dinah a bit wrong, but other than that I really liked this issue too!

    ReplyDelete