Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Oracle - the Cure #1 - DC


I know . . it's only been a month. But I'm really glad that Oracle, Babs, wasn't lost to us completely. The birds aren't anywhere in sight right now, but . . I think it's only a matter of time. Since the Batman is gone, the dynamics of all of these characters are changing. I think that Babs doesn't feel completely confident that if she spends to much time on the net that the Calculator will be able to find her. So she's working through others . . other hackers, and computer geeks. People that have no connection to her or anyone she knows. They're doing some of her leg-work, and then bringing the information to her. Right now, she seems to by looking for the anti-life equation. She's pretty positive that when it was spread across the globe on the internet that there were probably some remnants of it that were left behind. It's just a matter of her finding them. However, it appears that the Calculator has the same quest. He and Oracle haven't come back into direct conflict yet, but . . I have a feeling it's only a matter of time until their separate paths cross. And he's feeling pretty confident right now . . having gone up against Darkseid and living to tell about it. I thought this was a good first issue. Kevin VanHook does the scripts, with Julian Lopez on the art. Julian changes his style a little bit for this book, and I think it looks pretty neat. I'm glad that Babs didn't fall out of action. And I'm thrilled that she's moved back to Gotham. Bad memories or not, that's where she needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment