Saturday, March 21, 2009

Batman: the Brave and the Bold #2 - DC


This was an ok book. It really was in the exact same genre as the cartoon. Reading it . . I have to keep telling myself that this isn't part of the regular DC Universe. And . . it's written for kids. If I didn't keep thinking about that . . this book would probably drive me crazy. At the end, after Blue Beetle and Batman have beaten the Thinker, they're sitting down to dinner at Jamie's house and Batman's sucking on a chicken bone. Besides that . . he's the only one at the table in costume. A little weird . . maybe? Plus when this whole thing first started, with the avatar characters, Batman thinks of Jaime . . teen-ager, video-games . . so he goes knocking on his door. On one hand, how cool would that be? You open your door to find Batman standing there. But then I'm thinking . . no way! Anyways, for the kids, it was probably a fun book. I'm all for anything that introduces the younger audience to some of my favorite characters. But it really is written, probably for the 8 to 10 year old audience. Which is fine. It could've drove me crazy, but . . I didn't let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment