Sunday, March 29, 2009

Action Comics #875 - DC


I probably should've read this issue before I read the Superman: New Krypton book. But who knew? Oh wait, they're doing the story numbers on the covers of the Superman titles again . . to help the reader keep them in order, but . . this one is 17 and New Krypton was 16. So I guess I did read them in the right order. But, from a readers point of view, it would've made more sense doing it the other way. Anyways, we find out who Nightwing and Flamebird are this issue. Flamebird is Alura's assistant, Thara Ak-Var. That's funny. I thought she might've been Super-woman. Oh well. Something seems to have put her over the edge, and started her on this campaign, but we don't find out all the details yet. At least not this issue. Nightwing? Nightwing is Chris. Yes, Superman's adopted son. It appears that he's going through some kind of growth spurts. When the issue starts he looks like a teen-ager. But then when he has one of his seizures, he comes out of it looking like he's in his 20's. They're assuming that it has something to do with the time he spent in the Phantom Zone. But, it's not happening to anyone else. And it didn't happen when he was living with Clark and Lois. So, I guess that's a mystery for another day. They seem to be on a mission to retrieve the other people that escaped the Zone onto Earth. This issue they take down Tor-An. He's been here about 18 months. There's a total of 6 that they're going after. But before they can do anything else, Ursa comes to Earth, and the Fortress, to take them both back to General Zod. I thought that Greg Rucka did a fantastic job with this story. And Eddy Barrows continues to amaze me with his art. I think he gets better and better with every issue he does. I was surprised to see him here though when I opened the book. Usually he's been doing the Teen Titans. It was a pleasant surprise. I can't wait for the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment