Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Exiles #18 - Marvel

Well this is is. The final issue of this series. Again! Although, actually, I think this time it's simply because of the creative change. Well, that and the line-up is going to be changing to, but . . that happens all the time in this book. Chris Claremont and Tim Seeley are the current creative force behind this title. But, when it comes back, it'll be Jeff Parker and Salvador Espin. And, to start out the series, the new line-up will be Beast, the Witch, Panther, Forge, Polaris and surprisingly . . Blink. Yay! I'm glad she's back. Actually it'll be really sad to see Morph go though. Especially, now that we know he's back to normal. But, I think, the book should be pretty upbeat with Jeff writing it. That is if he writes it anything like the X-Men: First Class books. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It should be out in a couple of weeks. Anyways, with this book . . . I know it sounds strange but, it didn't really seem like an ending. At first it did, because Rogue and Morph want to stay behind on this world they'd been visiting the last couple of issues, and Sage has become one with the Palace. So I imagine she's going to have to be in the new series. But then the group goes on 6 or 7 missions . . they're recapped briefly on each page, and they pick up a new recruit along the way, Valeria Richards. I'm kind of confused actually. I'm wondering how they're going to explain the cross-over to the new team, when it doesn't seem like the old team is really done. Now I'm really wondering what the next issue is going to be like. Anyways, the important thing to me is that the book will keep going. I've been with it since the beginning . . over in Ultraverse, remember them? . . and the thing I like the most about this book is that it constantly changes and, really, almost anything goes. Thanks for the run on the book Chris. I guess it's time for someone else to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment