Saturday, November 29, 2008

Superman / Supergirl - Maelstrom #1 - DC


We're dealing with 2 stories here really. First we have Maelstrom. She's one of the children from Granny Goodness' section zero. Now that she's out, and in position for the great Darkseid, she has only one goal with her life . . to capture the eye and the heart of the mighty one and become the new bride of Apokolips. Here plan is simple . . go to Earth and bring back the head of Darkseid's greatest nemesis . . Superman. Well . . it's simple in it's complexity, but not in it's execution. That may be a little harder than she thought. The second part of the story is Superman feeling guilty for the way he's treated Kara since she's arrived. He's been so busy that he hasn't been able to spend the proper amount of time with her, and he feels guilty that she hasn't been trained properly. So that's his new mission. So his plans are to take a week off, have Power Girl watch Metropolis, and train her. But you know what they say about the best laid plans. Phil Noto does the art, and it's really good. Anyways, I'm thinking that this story should've been published about 8 months ago. I like the approach that Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray are taking with it, but . . Apokolips is dead and gone. Right? Like I said, this story should've been published about 8 months ago, but now . . with everything that's happened, or is happening . . it just seems odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they're attempting what they're attempting here. It just that the timing is awkward. I know. It's just me. Anyone else would just read the story and be content with the outcome, but no. I have to think about all of the continuity and other things that are going on in the DC Universe right now. Sorry! That's just the way my head works.

No comments:

Post a Comment