Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cable #8 - Marvel


This book is getting a little confusing. Right now they're keeping it in check pretty good, but . . it's really close to becoming convoluted. Duane Swierczynski and Ariel Olivetti are still the creative team . . thank god! And they're not really the problem . . I don't think. I think the problem is all of this cross-time stuff and trying to keep everything straight. Bishop has come back to the present to gather up some more supplies for his hunt. But, in the process, the X-Men were able to track and capture him. Now they're holding him and interrogating him to try to get some information as to what's happened to Nathan and the baby. While Scott and Emma are doing that, Hank is trying everything he can to get the time chip in his cybernetic arm to work. Meanwhile, in the future, in New Liberty, it appears that the United States government has found their little refuge and are drafting all of it's inhabitants into their fight to save America. The problem is . . they aren't really men. They're actually more cockroach than man, and it looks like Nathan's going to have to have to take a stand and fight. Something that he's been desperately trying to avoid, but . . the girl isn't giving him much of a choice. I like this book. I really do, but . . . first of all, I think that this cockroach thing is a little bit out there. And I'm not really comfortable with all of the lines that Scott seems to be crossing lately. Eventually he's going to get to a point that he can't come back from. I'm also not comfortable with how far removed this book seems to be from the regular X-Men titles. It doesn't have much to do with any of them . . really. But don't get me wrong, I still love Nathan's character, and I really want to see where this story is going. I just think we can do without all of the sci-fi stuff. I feel like I'm in an episode of Mystery Science Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment