Sunday, November 16, 2008

Justice League of America #26 - DC


I liked this book . . I actually love the Justice League, but . . I just thought the story was a little strange after having just read Trinity. Basically, last issue, Anansi, the god of Vixen's totem, changed everything with the world and Vixen's team-mates. It kind of reads like an 'elseworld' story, but . . it's not. Anansi just told the story different, and everything changed. Like I said, it was strange after reading Trinity, to see Vixen fighting for these heroes, who . . over in the other book . . are all but forgotten. However, by the end of the story, when we know Anansi's actual intentions . . it does make a little more sense. Plus, Anansi warns Mari . . "The world has changed. Reality has been altered on a fundamental level. So far, the change goes smoothly, but this may not always be the case. As of now, only 1 human is aware of what has happened. He is devious and may attempt to take advantage of the situation . . . I will need more than a guardian of the totem. I will need and agent of change." Which, to me, helped to clear up a little bit of the ties between this book and Trinity. Although, I'd have to say that this story takes place before the evil Trinity came into their power because at the end of this issue we see the League assembled and Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman are all present. With such an all-encompassing story like Trinity, they had to have known that it was going to raise questions in some of the other titles. And that's not even touching on the Final Crisis stuff. Anyways, next issue we start a cross-over story with the characters of Milestone. Do you remember that imprint title from . . I don't know, 10 or so years ago? Anyways, the characters are being brought back and they're going to be incorporated into the DC Universe through this title. That should be an interesting accomplishment. Like I said last issue, I think Dwayne McDuffie is getting better with these characters and this book. I know he's an accomplished writer, but . . he just didn't seem entirely comfortable here at first. And as always, Ed Benes does a terrific job with the art. This book has slipped a little for me. But . . I still would put it in my top 10 to 15 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment