Saturday, November 08, 2008

the Brave and the Bold #18 - DC


I thought this was an interesting team-up, and . . . I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Raven and Supergirl actually work pretty well off of each other, and . . they're both kind of dealing with the same issues, but from different perspectives. Raven tries to help Kara, with the assistance of the priests of Azarath, but . . I think her stay there seems cut pretty short. If she's got any common-sense, when this is all over with, she'll try to go back there to continue her learning's in meditation, but . . we all know that Kara doesn't make the best decisions. So . . . we'll have to wait and see if she brings anything out of this. However, the real story here isn't about Raven or Supergirl. The real story is about a boy whose powers seem to be driving him crazy . . and is pushing him towards taking the rest of the world with him. The problem . . and the reason for this story . . is that his father is Triumph. I know a lot of you don't know who that is. Think the Sentry . . you know, with the Avengers . . but with the Justice League instead. The problem is that Triumph seems to be caught between realities. He comes in and out of our own, and everytime he does he's leaving his son with a portion of his power but also taking a piece of his soul. The resolution to the story is a little . . . questionable. Raven forces the boy through the same meditative techniques that she was trying to teach Kara . . forcing him to fight the truths that his mind has tried to bury. In the end, he seems to blink out of existence. But I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of him. Anyways, it was all kind of anti-climatic. Marv Wolfman and Phil Winslade brought us this chapter. It was interesting. I wouldn't say it was one of my favorite chapters, but . . it was definitely unique. Overall though, I really enjoy this book. I'm glad to see it back on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment