Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jonah Hex #37 - DC


I like this book, and I like the character of Jonah Hex. However, this is another book that may have to be removed from my monthly list should the book prices take the hike that's expected. Like I've said before, I just have to be pragmatic. I like the diversion that this book provides monthly, but . . I can't necessarily say that it's worth the price just to keep getting it and keep the collection rolling along. And this month . . I don't even like the way that Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray ended the story. It actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. When I was reading it, the story was going along just fine, and then . . . it was like, with only 2 pages left, they had to hurry up and wrap it up so next month we could move on to a different adventure. There were little things throughout the story that I thought were going to pan out into bigger ideas, but then . . . nothing. They were just words being tossed around, that actually didn't contribute in any way to the story or the resolution. And like I've said before, I'm not a big fan of Jordi Bernet's art. Although I have to say that they did something on the inside work to make it a little more tolerable. The guys obviously very talented. It's just not my cup of tea. I hate to say it, but . . when the prices rise, it'll probably be the end of this book . . for me. That's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment