Sunday, November 16, 2008

WildCATS #4 - WildStorm


This was an interesting book. I still have to ask though, with the rest of the world completely without power or tech, how is it that this team has an android, a cyborg, and a working ship? I'm just wondering. Anyways, last issue our team went to Nevada to see what's going on with this lush forest that's popped up out of nowhere. They think it has to do with some nanotechnology that was used to create the Nevada Garden. However, when they go to investigate they find Paris, from StorwWatch PHD, and some hybrid animals and previous WildCAT team members. After some macho posturing by Paris and Grifter, Priscilla figures out that it's a meta that's creating the forest. Specifically, Tumbleweed. He was in the Number of the Beast mini-series. He was one of the metas that was a prisoner of the government. You know . . the one that was kind of like a Swamp Thing type character. Apparently he decided to do something productive with his powers. He's talking to Paris . . "I saw you and your animals. Heard you talking to them. I wanted to help. I . . I'm sorry. I just wanted there to be a one place in the world that was better off for our having been set free." Hadrian is looking for some way to 'fix' the world, but Tumbleweed has to be in the forest he creates in order to sustain it. So a more widespread application isn't feasible. So without anything to take home they head back to Los Angeles. The problem is . . they don't realize a Daemonite hoard is waiting for them in the streets. I think Christos Gage is doing a decent job with these characters. There a few leaps in logic, but . . it is a comic book after all. I just hope the thing with the power is explained. Neil Googe is still the artist and he's still doing a fantastic job. I really enjoy his work. My only comment is . . I'd really like to see him get a bit more creative. He's taking a pretty straight on approach to this series . . but I know he has that creative side to him. He likes to bend the rules. I'd like to see that some more. Anyways I've always enjoyed this team and I'm glad to finally see them back in a regular monthly title.

No comments:

Post a Comment