Sunday, November 23, 2008

Legion of Super-heroes #47 - DC


I really like this book. I love these characters . . have for quite a while. And, I think Jim Shooter is doing an excellent job of developing some interesting story-lines here. But, I think I've found out the answer to how the Legion of 3 Worlds storyline is going to affect this book . . . it's going to be cancelled. On the bright side though . . I don't think it'll be for good. I'm thinking that the outcome of the Final Crisis mini is going to cause the Legion to become different when the dust settles. So I'm sure there will be another Legion book . . it'll just be different. And probably start over from #1. I just hope that Jim sticks around for the creative part of the process. I think he's really got an excellent handle on these characters and this title. This issue Brainy actually proposes to Dream Girl. We also find out that Princess Projectra has a hard on for bringing down the UP and the Legion, for not protecting her home-world from destruction. She's become a big fan of ancient comics, and I'm thinking that someone she's trying to gather information from them. But, I haven't figured that out yet. Rick Leonardi and Dan Green do the art on this issue, and Rick . . . Rick is back in the form that I love. Remember how good his stuff looked when he did Spider-man 2099? Well that's how his pencils look here also. It's good to see him back in the groove of things. Anyways, I'm lamenting over this books cancellation, but I'm also hopeful for their return in a new book. These characters have been around for 40 some years now. They can't just go away . . just like that. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. Long Live the Legion!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I totally agree with you here. Anyone I talk to, I try to convert to reading the Legion. I thought Mark Waid did a fantastic job with the early issues, and I love the work Jim Shooter is doing now.

    I am dreading the end to this series, which looks to be coming soon, but hopefully you're right, and DC will just reboot the series from #1 again. God knows, Marvel and DC both love to put out #1 issues!

    ReplyDelete