Saturday, November 08, 2008

Casey Blue: Beyond Tomorrow #6 - WildStorm


This is the final issue of this book. Overall, I would consider it a moderate success. But, I don't see anything yet listed about a return engagement. So, I don't know if the powers that be thought it was good enough. It's written with a pretty open ending, so . . it could really go anywhere from here. I just don't know if it'll ever get that opportunity. Basically, there's something that's going to happen in the future. There seems to be 2 sides, as always, but Casey's opposition are 'seeded' humans. I guess some sort of alien race wants to take over the world eventually, so in order to do so, they're 'seeding' these individuals years ahead of time so that when the plan comes to fruition they'll be less likelihood up opposition. Somehow Casey can tune in on these 'seeded' people's frequency so she knows when there's one close by. She then seems to have this irresistible urge to kill them. I'm sure there's more people out there like Casey . . fighting for the same side, but she appears the first to be awoken. I think B Clay Moore and Carlo Barberi have done a pretty decent job with this series. Like I said, I just don't know if it got enough recognition to warrant a return engagement. Overall though . . I liked it. It doesn't hurt that Casey's pretty hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment