Thursday, November 27, 2008

the Amazing Spider-man #575 - Marvel


I actually thought this was another good installment into this series by writer Joe Kelly and artist Chris Bachalo. Or course the artwork of Chris' went a long way to sell me on this particular issue. I love his stuff. Although, the story was good to. I was a little confused coming into it, because apparently it picks up immediately following Amazing Spider-man: Extra! . . which I didn't read, but . . it didn't take me to long to catch up. The real point of this story was to introduce us to Mr Negative's newest enforcer . . whom we haven't seen much of since the end of Civil War . . Hammerhead. I know. You're thinking . . 'Hammerhead? What a loser!' But, this isn't the old Hammerhead, who we all loved and despised . . if for no other reason than that Spidey could get a good work-out, or at least some cardio, whenever they crossed paths. No this is the new and improved . . definitely different . . Hammerhead. My only complaint this issue is that we didn't get to see much of Spidey's supporting cast. We saw some of the staff of the Bugle . . I'm sorry, the Front Line . . and we got introduced to a new interest, Norah Winters. But really . . that was about it. However, to me . . as Amazing as this character is, one of his strong suits is definitely the variety and characters that comprise his supporting cast. His interactions with them, and the way their lives all revolve around each other, is definitely one of the big pieces of the puzzle that makes this such an enjoyable series. So, it was noticeable that most of them were absent. I also want to know what's going on with them. But still, overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I loved Spidey's banter. It was right on the mark. That's why I say . . when I have to start cutting back . . that this will definitely be one of the titles that stays on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment