Sunday, November 02, 2008

the Invincible Iron Man #5 & #6 - Marvel



Like I've said a couple times with this book . . I really picked it up on a lark. I've always liked Iron Man, but . . the monthly budget only stretches so far. And I never really saw anything to pull me in to the series long term. But then . . . I saw the movie. I thought it was fantastic! If it wasn't for the Batman movie it probably would've been my favorite movie of the summer. So when this new title came out, and I saw that Salvador Larroca would be doing the art . . one of my favorite artists . . I thought, what the heck. Let's give it a shot and see if it's any more exciting. Well . . we're up to issue #6 now, and I've been getting into the book more and more as it goes along. A lot of that I'll give credit to Matt Fraction for creating some great stories here. The reason I'm doing both issues here is because, honestly, it wasn't until I started putting these books into the blog that I realized I had missed issue #5. Oops! My bad. But that's ok. It happens sometimes. Anyway, this wraps up the Ezekiel Stane story-line. Tony finally hits the off-switch . . an EMP pulse . . to shut off all of his technology . . including the human bombs that Ezekiel had built. A couple of the bombers didn't make it, but . . there weren't anymore civilian casualties. I say it's over, but . . Ezekiel is still alive so . . it'll never really be over as long as he can plot and scheme. And, we do get to go in a new direction now, so we'll see how interesting Matt can keep this book. I'm definitely not an aficionado or anything of Iron Man or Tony Stark, but . . for what I like and enjoy in comic books, I would definitely recommend this series to those not reading it. It's got a great story, with some fantastic ideas . . some terrific art . . and a character that seems to have a lot of depth and resolve. All in all . . I like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment