Saturday, November 08, 2008

DC Universe: Decisions #3 - DC


I'm still a little confused on what this series is trying to accomplish exactly, but . . I did like the ending. Or I should say . . I didn't necessarily like who the culprit was, but . . it really answered a lot of questions. Bill Willingham and Judd Winick really seem to make a good team together. Whodathunkit? I can see both their strengths in this story, and they seem to compliment each other well. I also enjoyed Rick Leonardi's pencils. I think that Dan Green, as his inker, helped a lot. This seems to be the Rick of old . . when he was pretty popular over at Marvel. He's been doing more and more work lately, but a lot of it seems like a watered down version. Like he did the layouts, maybe, and someone else the finishes. These pages seem like Rick all the way. Anyways, our Justice League team is narrowing the list of possibilities down. At first they were thinking that it was a telepath, because of the close proximity it seemed was needed to control these people. And that the list of culprits seemed completely random. Almost like whomever was the most readily available. But I think the slip-up came when the most recent bombing attempt seemed to have been made by the very candidate whom would've been the victim. I guess I should say, the briefcase was the victims own . . and he was the one who left it there. Which forces the League to come to the conclusion that the culprit is not controlling the people, but . . possessing them. As soon as that was said . . I knew who it was. At the end of the issue, while trying to fight his attack, Hal Jordan is possessed by . . . Joey, Jericho . . . Deathstroke's son, and a Teen Titan. Now the question for the final issue is . . why? And what does this mean about the most recent issue of Titans where Joey shows up at the end still in the Match persona? I don't want Joey to be a 'bad-guy', and . . I really don't think he is. So . . is someone controlling him? We'll have to wait until next issue to find out. Now . . I don't like this series. I let you know next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment