Saturday, November 08, 2008

DC Special: Cyborg #6 - DC


This series seemed to leave me with a lot more questions that answers. I love this character, and I'm glad that he finally got a mini-series of his own. But . . I think it was all a little overly complicated and kind of mish-mashed together. Mark Sable wrote the story, and Carlos Magno does the art. Overall . . I thought it was . . ok. First of all . . I really don't like this Mr Orr character. I'm sure that's not his real name, but that's what the rest of the espionage world seems to know him by. Anyways, he's a dick. And this is all wrapped up in a time story also . . . Cyborg 2.0 is the future version of himself that we met in the Teen Titans story-line where they all fought in Luthor's army. Anyways, he's teamed up with Orr and tells Vic that he's trying to stop him from making a bad decision. He's trying to make sure that his future comes to pass where he controls this Shadow-Limb portion of the government . . . and has created the Cyborg Revenge Squad to help accomplish that endeavor. However, the first chance he gets, he turns the Revenge Squad on the Shadow-Limb soldiers of today. That didn't make a lot of sense to me. Also, Vic ends up killing the future version of himself, and as he's dying he's smiling. Is he smiling because Vic made the right decision, or is he smiling because Vic made the decision that he wanted him to make? We may not know that answer for a while. But this series does wrap up the question of what can be done with Cyborg's tech. The government owns it, but . . Cyborg has retained the software rights and his father made it DNA specific to Vic. So that cleans up that muddled mess, but . . there's still a Cyborgirl out there? She wasn't from the future, so how does she figure into all of this? Like I said . . more questions than answers. Overall I enjoyed the book, but . . I think it leaves this problem wide open for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment