Sunday, November 23, 2008

DC Universe: Decisions #4 - DC


Overall, I liked this book. However, I didn't really dig the resolution to the story. As we saw last issue, it looked liked Jericho had gone over to the dark side. Apparently this issue takes place after the current story-line over it Titans. In it, Joey is still trapped inside of Match. With this story, we now know that he'll be taken to STAR Labs so they can study him, and try to cure him. Anyways, we thought he was bad, but what's actually happening is that every time Joey possess' someone, I guess he takes a little bit of their mind with him when he leaves. All those various psyches in one mind is causing his conscious to become fragmented. At least that's the explanation we get from Mento. My only question is, that doesn't really explain his murderous rampage here . . why it was directed at the presidential candidates . . and if it's just murderous urges, how come everything has been so intricately planned? None of those questions come anywhere near the answers I was looking for. Also, it was a bit of a stretch that after Joey inhabited Hal Jordan, that he was able to expunge him completely from his body . . . with his force of will. So much so, that it actually put Joey back in his own body. Someplace he hasn't been for a very long time. To me, that was a huge leap in logic. I'm not saying everything was wrong with this book. I actually think that Judd Winick and Bill Willingham make a pretty good creative team. Whodathunkit? And I've been a big fan of Howard Porter's for quite a while. Another hugely underrated talent. But, story and art aside . . there were just a few leaps here that just seemed a bit to incredible to take. And really, the whole purpose of this book was for Superman's speech at the end . . to get everyone to vote! It was a little hammy for me. But, I understood what they were trying to do. I just wish the story had ended better, or . . maybe it'll be explained better over in Titans.

No comments:

Post a Comment