Saturday, November 29, 2008

the Amazing Spider-man #576 - Marvel


This was a fantastic issue. First of all I absolutely love Chris Bachalo's art. And I really thought he outdid himself this issue. The opening page where we see Spider-man all beat up and bloodied . . I thought it was great. It almost reminded me of the type of scenes we used to see in those Frank Miller Sin City books. It was a great piece of work. I know it sounds a little morbid, but . . I think it'd make a great poster. But that's just me. Anyways, this continues Joe Kelly's story about the new and improved Hammerhead. To me though, the best part of the story is the way that, no matter what they've done to him or how they've treated him, Spider-man is still trying to stick up for these kids and make sure that this jerk's offer doesn't become one of the choices in their lives. They already don't have a whole lot of positive options, but they definitely don't need someone offering them another dead-end path. I also like this little love/hate relationship that seems to be brewing between Norah and Peter. She's a spitfire. And Peter's probably the only one that would be able to handle her. But, it's slow in coming so . . I think we're going to have to wait a little while to see how it all plays out. I feel like this book is really starting to get back on track again. Of course have a couple of issues here or there with art by Chris doesn't hurt much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment