Sunday, November 16, 2008

X-Factor #36 - Marvel


First I have to say what I don't like about this book . . . Larry Stroman's art. It's not that I outright hate his work . . I really don't. But, I just don't like the feel that he bringing across in his work. I can't really pin-point exactly what it is, but I just don't think he's the right artist for this book . . or these characters. I know . . he's done X-Men books before . . and, I think he may even have been on the original run of this series for a while. But . . I don't know . . I just don't like it. Lary can be a good artist . . I just don't feel that we're getting his best stuff here. I don't really know any other way to explain it. Anyways, as for the story . . Peter David run's his usual course and right now we're on a mission to further develop some of these characters. Particularly Darwin. We find out this issue what his actual fate is, and how he adapts to, really, any situation. No matter how hopeless it seems. Also, the rest of the team is getting closer to finding him. Although when they follow the directions of Longshot . . it may have led them straight into a trap. The issue ends with Darwin's abductor blowing up the warehouse just as Maddrox and team enter. I thought Longshot was supposed to have good luck? Are we sure this one isn't still a Skrull impostor? Anyways, I like this book, and I love these characters. I just wish we could get a better artist on the book. And . . a permanent one . . maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Hoo boy do I have to agree with you on the artwork here. I get that Marvel wants the artwork in X-Factor to be grittier then the other X-books, but come on already! I don't think that gritty has to mean deformed!

    It's funny, I usually don't notice the art in a comic unless it's either really good, or really bad, and this issue was pretty bad...

    ReplyDelete