Sunday, November 09, 2008

Ghost Rider #28 - Marvel


So . . . Danny Ketch is evil now? I guess that would be consistent with the fact that he's in league with Zadkiel. But . . it just doesn't seem right . . for some reason. I haven't picked up the Danny Ketch mini series yet . . mostly for personal reasons . . so I'm not sure if there might be more of an explanation there, or not. The personal reasons are . . I can't believe that Marvel is jacking up the price on all of it's special books and mini-series to $3.99. To me . . that's outrageous. So, I'm attempting to boycott all of the $3.99 titles. I'm not sure if that'll be feasible . . you know, with my obsession and all, but . . I'm gonna' try. I think what I might do is go over to that free comics on-line sight . . I have it listed in my links . . and read the first 2 issues there. Hopefully, they have it posted. Anyways, in this issue, Johnny and Sara have followed Danny to Tibet, through a magical door in care-takers basement, only to find out that apparently Tibet has it's own form of Ghost Rider. Now they're going to convince me that there's a whole Ghost Rider Corps out there? But, as implausible as that sounds, from what I gather Danny is going around and sucking the life, and power, out of each one. They arrive in Tibet to late to stop Danny, but quick enough to find out what he's done. They catch up to him at this Tibetan Ghost Rider's lair . . actually it looks like a mansion . . and go mano-e-mano for a little while. Johnny thinks that Danny is after his power, apparently not questioning what he's done with the power he sucked out of the other guy, only to find out that he's already reestablished his link with the Spirits of Vengeance. Which sets up the next issue, in which it's Ghost Rider vs Ghost Rider. There's also a rather detailed, and lengthy, history of Johnny and Danny manuscripted in the back of this book. I guess to convey the depth of the relationship between the 2 siblings. It was ok, but if you're already a Rider fan then it was . . unnecessary, and droning. But, I guess it took up the space it needed to. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I think that Jason Aaron takes some leaps in his stories sometimes. The events that he portrays appear to be in a logical order. It just seems, sometimes, that there's something missing in-between. Or maybe it's just me. I'm still enjoying Tan Eng Haut's art also. I don't think it's the best interpretation of this character, but . . it is different, and unique. And different is good . . every now and again. The remainder of this story should be interesting. There has to be a reason that Danny's come back into the picture, I'm just not sure what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment