Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ultimate Captain America Annual #1 - Marvel


I really like this issue. I thought that Jeph Loeb did a fantastic job with the story. I also really enjoyed Rafa Sandoval and Marko Djurdjevic's artwork. There were some pages that were really incredible. But, going into this, I had to ask myself why there was a Captain America annual happening in the Ultimate Universe. I mean sure he's an important and strong character, and all. But, up until now, he really hasn't played all that important of a role in the Ultimate Universe. Well, except for in the Ultimates . . of course. But now I'm thinking that these annuals have more to do with the March on Ultimatum storyline, than anything else. What this issue does is kind of fills in the gaps on what happened to the Black Panther at the end of the Secret Origins mini series. It also explains why, on the Ultimate team, Cap was a robot and Steve was filling in as the Black Panther. Well . . it doesn't really explain the robot part, but . . we do get an understanding as to why Steve was covering up T'Challa's departure. I assume the robot was all just part of Tony's involvement. But . . I could be wrong. Overall, though . . I thought it was a pretty decent issue. Maybe we do need to explore the Captain America character a little more in the Ultimate Universe. We'll have to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment