Saturday, November 08, 2008

the Spirit #22 - DC


I'm still just not getting in to this book. I really do appreciate all the talent that's involved on this title . . . Sergio Aragones & Mark Evanier on the scripts, and Chad Hardin and Wayne Faucher with the art, but . . I just can't get in to the stories. I just find them boring and rather simple. This issue was about a magic story, and . . it was all rather predictable. And when there is the opportunity for some more adult humor, or innuendo, between the Spirit and Ellen . . the don't capitalize on it. I mean, Ellen's a good looking girl, and she's putting herself out there for him . . you'd think he'd at least do some good natured flirting or something. That wouldn't necessarily change how I feel about the book, but, at least, it would make it more interesting. Right? Anyways, I guess I just don't see what the draw is. Nostalgia? Maybe! I'm not sure. But Super Friends is the first book I'm dropping off of my list. Maybe this book should be the second. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment