Saturday, November 29, 2008

the Invincible Iron Man #7 - Marvel


I really, really, enjoyed this issue. My only negative comment about the whole thing is that, for some reason, Matt Fraction's dialogue . . in a couple of spots . . was a little choppy . . for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why, but there were a couple of panels that I had to re-read to figure out exactly what they were trying to say. However, that being said . . I thought the story and the interaction between Spider-man and Tony was brilliant. I liked the way that Spidey was being a thorn in Iron Man's side, while at the same time just trying to help . . and of course trying to get a story for the Front Line. I also thought that the interactions between Ben and Peter were also perfect. The big thing I got out of this story though, is that with everything being thrown at Tony right now . . he's finally willing to admit that he doesn't have the answer to everything. He wants to be the strong 'Superman' for everyone that's looking to him to lead the way. But, really . . he's just trying to keep up like everyone else. "This . . all of this . . Stark, SHIELD . . it's all just poised on the razor's edge. Stane's attacks, the rifts between the good guys, the bad guys consolidating . . . I don't know if I'm strong enough and smart enough to keep it together." Of course with the recent explosion at the Triskellion . . and the fact that he probably hasn't slept in 3 or 4 days . . it's not doing a lot for his state of mind either. Anyways, I just thought that this issue was a fantastic wrap-up . . epilogue . . for the Five Nightmares storyline. And with Salvador Larroca doing the art . . as usual . . it really is a perfect issue. Props to all involved with it. On another note, as I'm writing this I just happen to be listening to the Brit Box. It's a box-set of a whole bunch of British music. Anyways, I'm writing this and the Smiths, How Soon is Now? comes on. You know the song, it was the theme song for Charmed. Anyways, I just think that it's the perfect song for the feel and theme of this book. Sorry. Just thought I'd share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment