Sunday, November 16, 2008

HULK #7 - Marvel


Wow! Just when I thought this book couldn't get any better . . they throw a bit of a twist into it, and . . . voila! Actually, I was really dreading Ed McGuinness' departure from this title. I was afraid that it was just going to be a little 6 issue gimmick, to draw some new readers into the title. I guess I can't complain to much . . it worked on me. Anyways, this issue they split the book into 2 stories. Both are written by Jeph Loeb, but Art Adams does the art on the Hulk side of the story, and Frank Cho does the art on the Rulk side of the story. OMG! I know! Rulk? But, officially, that's what they're calling him now in the book. Aarrggghh! What a terrible nickname. No I don't have anything better. But, Rulk? It sounds like somebodies got a chicken bone caught in their throat? "What do you think we should call our newest Hulk persona?", "Rulk?", "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll ask again when you're done eating." Seriously . . there's got to be something different. Anything! But we can put that aside for now. The Hulk story deals with Bruce going to Las Vegas to try to help somehow with the Wendigo problem they seem to be having right now. Rulk . . yuck! . . recently attacked them, and since they don't differentiate between color hues . . they're looking for whom they think is their attacker . . the Hulk. However, when in Vegas . . . Joe Fixit is back. There must be something about this town that skews Bruce's emotions. Anyways, he's fighting the Wendigos when he's attacked by . . . Moon Knight? First of all, what's he doing in Vegas, and secondly, why would he defend the Wendigos. Joe's about to beat him senseless when, he's attacked again . . . this time by some Avengers. What, are they having some kind of convention in town? Anyways, in the Rulk . . yuck! . . part of the story, She-Hulk has decided that it's past time that she pays him back for the humiliation she endured on the helicarrier. She runs through a whole list of people . . to join her chick-squad . . but ends up with Valkyrie and Thundra. Nobody else seemed all that interested in getting a good beat down. They find the guy out by Mount Rushmore, and . . . the melee begins. It isn't long before he's hanging Jen over Lincoln's head by a chain, and . . . propositioning the girls? "Now, if you 2 want to come back inside, have a beer with me . . . and play spin the bottle . . . I won't kill your little girlfriend here." I have to say I really like the feel that Jeph's brought to this character, and this book. And, I'm glad that the artistic side of the book seems to be just as important . . after Ed's contribution. I guess I'll be sticking around for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment