Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tangent: Superman's Reign #8 - DC


This is the issue that everything has been building to . . . Superman vs Superman and Powergirl vs Powergirl. Last issue the Tangent Superman, Powergirl and Orion came to our Earth. I guess they learned about it from one of our own heroes that they were holding captive. Don't worry, they aren't a traitor, the Tangent Superman has mental abilities. Anyways, I guess he decided to come here because he was basically bored with his own. I mean he has absolute rule, and nobody to oppose him, so . . what else is there for him to do. Anyways, this all happened just as our heroes, with the aid of the Tangent Green Lantern, were descending upon the Tangent Superman's fortress. They were going after him to release their comrades. If the rest of the Tangent Earth knew that Superman was no longer there, I would think that there would be riots in the streets. Fortunately, they don't know yet. But Batman thinks he might know of the one weapon that would be able to defeat him, should he return. I like the story that Dan Jurgens is weaving here. I really liked these characters the first time around, but it seemed like our visit was very short. I'm glad that they're expanding upon those beginning chapters here. I do have to say though that I don't like Wes Craig art in the last couple of issues. He did some other stuff, I think for WildStorm, that I did like, but I'm definitely not impressed by what I'm seeing here. Matthew Clark and Jamal Igle started out doing the pencils for this series. I don't understand why they couldn't continue, it's not like they haven't done multiple books before. Especially Jamal. Anyways, to me, that's the only thing that takes away from the second half of this series. Well . . that and . . right now we seem to be focusing more on our Justice Leaguers. The Tangent characters almost seem to be taking a back-seat. Well, except Superman and Powergirl that is. Anyways, I just hope they showcase some more of the Tangent heroes during the final 4 issues of this series. That's what this book is about after-all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment