Saturday, November 08, 2008

DC Super Friends #8 - DC




I'm still having a hard time reading this book. I'm starting to think, maybe I should just give up. I mean . . it's cute and all, but . . it really is written for a much younger audience. I'm having a hard time enjoying it. Plus, in my head, I keep comparing it to Justice League Unlimited . . and really, it's nothing like that. At all! In my mind, I think, I'm just trying to make it that way. I particularly don't like the way Batman is portrayed in this book. Although . . I'm sure the kids do. I'm trying to stay positive . . thinking that this is a great series for the young readers to become involved in the hobby. But, I think I'm just hoping for the best. It seems that the entire Johnny DC line is going this direction. I get it. I understand the marketing. I think I just don't like it because it's not accessible . . to me! But then I'm not their target audience. I think I just need to realize that . . and move on. So . . . this'll be the end of this book . . for me anyways. I'll probably still pick it up for my nephew though.

No comments:

Post a Comment