Saturday, November 08, 2008

Batman and the Outsiders #12 - DC


First of all I want to say that I think Frank Tieri is doing a great job with this book. As of this issue he's completely deconstructed the Outsiders. And the tool he's used to do that . . . Batman. Or . . at least it looks like Batman. If you've been reading the regular Batman titles, and particularly Detective with the Hush storyline, then you know the 'Batman' that sends the Outsiders a fake message, and a self-destruct sequence for Remac . . . was actually Hush, Tommy Elliott.Now it appears that Remac is dead, Rex was blown up, and Thunder may be in a coma. With Grace and Ollie being the normal pessimists that they are, there's nothing really left to hold the team together. Except, maybe . . Batgirl. We also see that the Batman RIP storyline, with the Black Hand, and the Hush storyline are a lot more interconnected than they would have us believe . . at first. I for one can't wait to see how it all washes out. But anyways, now that he's torn it all apart, next issue . . . Frank and Cassandra are going to attempt to put it all back together. Again, this issue, the artwork was by Ryan Benjamin. I like his stuff. However, this issue, I don't really think that his inker is doing him any favors. The panels look good, and the flow. But the finished product doesn't seem up to it's usual quality. But that's just me. I'm picky about that stuff, sometimes. I did however enjoy the J Calafiore cover. Why can't he do the interiors? Anyways, I love this book and I can't wait to see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment