Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #1 - Marvel


This story also appears to be dealing with some of Logan's past transgressions . . or sins. Since the team is located in San Francisco now, he's decided to venture into China-town and tie up some loose ends from his past. But I get the feeling when he travels into China-town . . he's not really asking for forgiveness, or offering an apology. I get the feeling that he more on a mission to rub the fact that he's still alive in these people's faces. He's been to China-town before, but on those visits, he traveled incognito, or without arousing attention. This time . . he's purposefully attracting attention. But, he also appears to be getting a much more . . rallied response, than he expected. His final thoughts in this book, as he's looking upon the aged visage of his ex-girlfriend, . . . "Okay . . . this is officially going to be harder than I thought." I really enjoyed Jason Aaron's take on Logan's character with this book. I think he's really got a good feel for him. But I thought the real star of the book was Stephen Segovia. Stephen's artwork was tremendous throughout this issue. I enjoyed the feel of his pages and I really like the flow of his art. Everything moved along seamlessly. I picked up this mini-series on a lark . . it's not like we don't have enough Wolverine stories out there right now, but . . I'm really happy that I did. Although, had the price been $3.99, like some of Marvel's more recent special issues, I probably would've passed it up. That would've been a shame, because this is a nice book.

No comments:

Post a Comment