Thursday, November 27, 2008

Superman #681 - DC


I know that Superman is the guy that's full of hope and compassion . . and all that, but . . even he's got to know that this is probably going to be a bad idea. And by 'this', I mean the gathering of all of these Kryptonians on Earth. And, leading their delegation straight to the President of the United States . . . arguably the most powerful man in the world? I think the Justice League is on the right track when, on his way to Kandor, they intercept him to ask if he's thought this whole thing through or not. And the ending? Whenever an immovable force presents itself . . an immovable object rises up to meet it. Or, I should say, comes crashing down to Earth like a comet from the Heavens . . . Doomsday! Even if these 100,000, or so, Kryptonians behave themselves . . he had to have known that somebody, or something, would raise it's hand in opposition. It was inevitable. The human race is built to survive. However, in order to survive this . . someones going to have to step up and represent them . . in force. But, Doomsday? James Robinson has presented up with an interesting, and unique, situation here. My curiosity is piqued as to how this whole situation is going to unfold. I don't know if I'm actually getting used to Renato Guedes art . . or what . . but, in this issue, I actually felt that his pencils fit this story. Better than in previous issues. I still think I'd like to have a different artist on this series, but . . it appears that Renato is making some progress. Or, as I said, I'm just getting used to it. Either way it'll be interesting to see how the people of Earth react. Do they see Doomsday as a threat, or . . is 100,000+ Kryptonians the bigger threat?

No comments:

Post a Comment